is a small municipality in the district of Raiguer
on Majorca, one of the Balearic Islands, Spain.
Its origin dates back to the Islamic period. The documented history begins in the thirteenth century, during the reconquest of Mallorca, with its Castillo de Alaro being the center of this. The Castillo de Alaro was built by Christian inhabitants to ward off invasions from pirates.
The town was the first to have an urban electricity network on the island, this event happened August 15, 1901. Currently, electric distribution is unified with the rest of the island, but as a sign of how important it was for the island of Mallorca, on May 8, 2000, the Consell Insular de Mallorca marked the tower of the old factory as a monument of cultural interest.